5.21.2013

Ezra Ray


I cant begin to say tell you how much i am just completely in love with my new little one. He, like his brother, was not ready to join us and put up quite a fight. I was hoping and praying this time that i wouldnt have to be induced like i was with Recker, because of how horrible and long his delivery was. Unfortunately i had to be induced because they were afraid of shoulder dystocia because Ezra had macrosomia. Pretty much they were afraid that because Ezra was measuring soooo large when i delivered him, that his head would deliver but his shoulders would get stuck and they would have to push him back through and deliver him via C-Section. What a nightmare right?! 

They scheduled my induction for 5 am, so we got our bags all ready, recker went and slept with my parents. Around 3 am they called and said they would have to postpone my induction because they were full and didnt have room for me. I can honestly say it was one of the most dissappointing moments of my life. I had kept it together almost my entire pregnancy without any "emotional pregnant lady moments," but i lost it. I cried and cried. The worst part is they couldn't give me a time or date when i could come in, they said they would call to let me know, and that it could be 5 hours or 5 days, it would just depend on when they had an open bed/room. I tried to sleep, but i couldnt......




When we woke up, jeremy took recker to therapy and let him ditch school. Afterwards they came and picked me up to go to breakfast at T.C. eggingtons, then off to a quick target run. 


We spent the rest of the day hanging around with my family hoping and praying they would call me...no such luck. We ate dinner with Blake & Chloe, and Kaitlyn & Brian. The whole time unable to concentrate because i was staring at my phone hoping it would ring! It finally rang late that night telling us we could come in at 7am! The best phone call ever! 

We arrive at the hospital on time get all registered and head back to the room. I got all hooked up to my IVs, antibiotics (group b strep), and start the pitocin around 9am. I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced when i arrived at the hospital (i swear its from all the LUSH baths i took with their bath bomb that had clary sage in it. Clary sage is supposed to help get labor moving along and help you efface). I had tons of visitors while waiting until it was time to push. At one point kaitlyn, brian, haleigh, chloe, blake, my mom and jeremy were all in there hanging out on the couch keeping me company. I cant tell you enough how much i love my family. I love being so close to my siblings and their spouses. I am truly so lucky to be able to call my siblings my best friends. 

Anyways it finally came time to push, we tried a few times and there was no progress. The doctor had the nurses set up the OR for an emergency C-Section, i told my doctor that a C-Section was not an option for me because of Recker and that i couldnt be off my feet that long. Then she called over all the nurses to help me push. She could see the babies head but he was faced down, so she had to push him back in and turn him around. Then she whipped out the vacuum! (Keep in mind by now my epidural had almost completely worn off!!!!) She hooked that vacuum up to him and told me to push. I was praying and praying and pushing and pushing as hard as i could, as the doctor was pulling at the the same time. She had her foot up on the table using it to help give her leverage to pull. After about 3-4 contractions he was out! There was that pause and everyone in the room was silent, waiting for the cry to come from Ezra, it took waaaaay longer than it should have. My mom was crying because she thought the doctor had broken Ezra's neck (thats how rough this delivery was). Eventually we all sighed in relief as we heard his little raspy cry. Poor guy had such an uneven off to the side cone head from the vacuum (it went away within a few hours...now he has the most perfect round little head). That delivery was so horrifying to me, my memory of it was completely different than everyone else in the room. In my mind and memory, i was screaming on the top of my lungs and sobbing. But my mom and jeremy keep telling me that i was almost completely silent except for a few tears at the end. Ill never forget the look on my sister Kaitlyns face when she saw Ezra. That is one of the most memorable moments from that night, her eyes filled with tears and her face was full of pure love and amazement. She came over and kissed me on the forehead and whispered some sweet things to me. I can say that my children are some of the most loved little ones on Earth. They are so lucky to have such amazing aunts and uncles and grandparents. Jeremy of course was incredible and so encouraging the entire time. I am so lucky to be able to have such an amazing husband at my side, i swear he was born to be a dad. He is incredible.

Recovery was quick. I actually was up and walking around the delivery room 20 after delivering....like i said before my epidural was almost completely worn off when i started to push. We were in the hospital for a few days. We had the best visits from family and friends. My family always made sure we were fed and brought Recker to visit almost every day. It was heartbreaking to have to say bye to recker everyday, im not very good at being away from him.
Anyways our sweet Ezra Ray is such a joy and blessing to our family. We cant wait to see him grow!


















4 comments:

  1. I love reading labor stories!! Such sweet boys ou have! Thanks for sharing your special day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found
    a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
    said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and
    it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to
    tell someone!

    My blog: http://fountain.levinux.org/Kari5932

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are pleasant in support of new people.

    my homepage :: professional seo training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tribal tats are normally carried out in simple black and pigment concentrations but they also
    will also be infused with color to decorate the look.
    Considered as among the first tattoos imprinted accidentally, tribal
    tattoo was utilised by primitives by tinkering with fire.

    Therefore, I suggest you find other method of obtaining your tattoo design.

    He would be the guy who thinks which he was developed
    under an unlucky star. He is going to be some what clingy and high maintance
    to handle with.

    Also visit my web blog :: tribal tattoos

    ReplyDelete