1.16.2010

Recker Jay Roussel!!

I know its taken a month to get pics up and blog but here we go....Recker Jay Roussel was born on december 14, 2009 at 12:03 am he weighed 7lbs 14 oz and was 21 inches long. Well it was quite a trek to finally be able to meet our little boy. I was past due and my doctor wanted to let me just go another week and wait until the baby was ready to come on his own, but the thing was my mom had chemo the next week and i really wanted my mom to be able to be there. If we waited another week she'd be too sick from chemo, so my doctor agreed to induce me. So we went into the hospital at 5:00am on Saturday December 12th to begin what will end up to be a 41 hour labor!! So we started the first of 4 rounds of inducing gel which was a 16 hour process on its own and i was only dilated to 1.5cm so about midnight they decided since the gels were not working they were going to hook me up to an IV of pitocin which was to be honest HELL! After about 8-9 hours of pitocin/hard contractions and no further dilation, my doctor came in and broke my water hoping that would help along the dilation since at this point i was only at barely 2cm. Well my doctor told me about 6 hours before that i could have an epidural at anytime. Anyone who knows me would bet that i jumped on that offer instantly, but actually i told myself i was going to go as long as possible without having the epidural and i went until my doctor told me i needed to get one. So the nurse came in to give me my epidural and at this point in so scared to death that im shaking, everyone makes epidurals out to be so scary. Well it was nothing, it felt like a bee sting for a second and then it was over. So by this point, im hooked up to an IV for fluids, IV for antibiotics (for my group b strep, had about 8 rounds of that because id been hooked up to it for so long), and IV for my epidural, and a catheter!! Well 36 hours has gone by and the doctor told me to try and get some sleep because we still had a good 10-12 hours ahead of us. So luckily because of the epidural i was able to get some pain relief and get some sleep, i honestly had no concept of time because of being in the hospital for so long i never knew if it was night or day. At about 3:30 the doctor came in and checked and i was dilated to 3cm now and still only 60% efaced. At about 6:00 i finally was dilated to 5cm and 80% efaced. I was in and out of sleep during this time, i had been awake for 36 hours before, well it was finally time and the doctor came in to deliver. I was lucky to have my younger sister haleigh, my mom and wonderful husband jeremy there as such an amazing support team to help me, i ended up pushing for almost 4 hours and at 12:03am our baby Recker Jay Roussel was born! The long hard pregnancy and grueling labor was all completely worth it for that very moment i heard my baby boy cry and they laid him on my chest. I can not even begin to explain the emotions i felt and the INSTANT insane love i felt for my son. Well after recker was born i had intense after labor pains because they almost instantly took me off of the epidural. I was experiencing worse back labor than during my actual labor itself, i made it the entire 41 hours of labor without a tear from pain until that moment, those pains were worse than my whole labor combined so the nurses had to knock me out and give me demerol. I woke up the next morning to my beautiful baby boy next to me in my husbands arms. Because of the group b strep we had to stay a couple extra days in the hospital. During that time we had a ton of visitors: grammy and oompa roussel, bonbon & abuelo, aunt alexis, aunt haleigh (and drewski), aunt meghan, aunt sonya & uncle greg, uncle sean & aunt brooke, uncle skyler (who was amazing and brought me food, since i was unable to eat for about 36 hours i was restricted to ice chips and one of the nurses slipped me a sucker), the langs, the browns and the coopers. We were also so lucky to have such amazing nurses during our stay at the hospital which ended up being 5 days. We transitioned very well going home, we are incredibly lucky because Recker doesn't cry and sleeps sooo good! We go over to bonbon's (my mom) everyday and keep her company and she helps out sooo much. Recker loves his grandma bonbon and she loves him so much and we love spending so much time with her. Recker is 1 month old now and is probably about 11lbs, he went to the doctor about 10 days ago and he was 10lbs even but has been gaining weight like crazy. Probably because he is being fed formula, not by choice but because my milk never came in and so he has to be on formula. Well we're all doing amazing and loving life sooo much, well recker has reflux so he's not as happy as me and jeremy but we are enjoying every second of life.

Here are a few pictures (not the best pictures, you'll read why in the next blog)...




ME & JEREMY A FEW DAYS BEFORE RECKER WAS BORN...
Photobucket

RECKER AND DADDY RIGHT AFTER DELIVERY
recker

TRYING TO STAY AWAKE WHILE IM TRYING TO GET HIM TO SLEEP
recker

CHUBBY CHEEKS IN HIS CAR SEAT
recker

LAYIN ON MAMAS CHEST
recker


recker

TRYING TO GET SOME USE OUT OF HIS NB CLOTHES BEFORE HE GROWS OUT OF THEM!! AND YES THEY ARE SWEAT PANTS JUST LIKE HIS DADDY USED TO WEAR (for those of you who knew jeremy in highschool, you know what im talking about)!!
recker

RIGHT AFTER HIS FIRST BATH!!
recker

9 comments:

  1. Kayla! He is so handsome!!! 41 hours of labor...you are a trooper! :) I would have died! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Congrats! I bet you are the best mother and Recker knows this because of what you went through to get him here! He is adorable! You are Jeremy will be such fun parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez I thought my 36 hours was bad! Way to go, looks like he was worth all of it- he is adorable. Can't believe the dr had you pushing at a 5! Thought you had to be 10 cm?? You are way tough, i could never have pushed for 4 hours... that was the worst part! Congrats =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha nevermind i think i was confused about pushing at 5 cm... i just reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha sorry that is a little confusing about me being dilated, but no i was fully dilated and efaced before i started pushing...and ps your little rushton is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that picture where he is wearing that jean jacket kills me! its so precious

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is soooo cute Kayla!!
    Keep the pics coming of this lil cutie!! No more once a month posting hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love his bath picture, with the legs straight out

    ReplyDelete